Can i get the answer of this one. This one is business statistics but, I don’t know exactly how to i resolve it.
1. In discussing how its customers use online services, a bank manager noted ?there
seems to be a strong correlation between the use of the online bill paying feature and
gender.? Comment on this statement.
2. For each of the following scenarios indicate which is the predictor variable and which
is the response variable.
a. A study examined consumption levels of oil and carbon dioxide emissions for a sample
b. Data were collected on job performance rating and hours of training for a sample of
employees at a telecommunications repair facility.
c. Salary data as well as years of managerial experience were collected for a sample of
executives in the high tech industry.
3. The following scatterplot shows monthly sales figures (in units) and number of
months of experience on the job for a sample of 19 salespeople.
Scatterplot of Sales vs Experience
a. Describe the association between monthly sales and level of experience.
b. Do these data satisfy the conditions for computing a correlation coefficient? Explain.
c. Estimate the correlation.
4. Shown below is a correlation table showing correlation coefficients between stock
price, earnings per share (EPS), and price/earnings (P/E) ratio for a sample of 19 publicly
Correlations: Stock Price, EPS, PE
a. What is the correlation between stock price and EPS? Interpret.
b. What is the correlation between stock price and PE? Interpret.
c. What is the correlation between EPS and PE? Interpret.
Use the following to answer questions 5 – 8.
To determine whether the cash bonus paid by a company is related to annual pay, data
were gathered for 10 account executives at Johnson Financial Group who received cash
bonuses in 2007. The data, scatterplot, and summary statistics are shown below.
Scatterplot of Cash Bonus vs Pay
5. Comment on whether each of the following conditions for correlation / linear
regression is met.
a. Quantitative variable condition.
b. Linearity condition.
c. Outlier condition.
6. Estimate the linear regression model that relates the response variable (cash bonus)
to the predictor variable (annual pay).
a. Find the slope of the regression line.
b. Find the intercept of the regression line.
c. Write the equation of the linear model.
7. Find the value of R2. Interpret its meaning in this context.
8. Using the estimated regression equation,
a. Estimate the cash bonus for an executive at Johnson Financial earning $82, 613 a year.
b. What is the residual for this estimate? What does it mean?