I have to have this assignment completed by 5 tomorrow afternoon. Can someone help me out?
Introduction to Biology
The following questions for you to answer are to prepare you
for the types of questions encountered on exams. Please
upload the answers to your instructor by the appropriate due
1. Explain Mendel?s Law of Segregation.
2. Make a Punnett square of the following cross and answer
the questions below. A heterozygous orange flowered plant is
crossed with a homozygous white flowered plant. Orange
flowers are dominant.
a. Draw the Punnett square and submit it with your work.
b. What percentage of the offspring will be orange?
c. What percentage of the offspring will be white?
d. What is the genotype of the orange plants?
e. What is the genotype of the white plants?
f. What is the phenotypic ratio of this cross?
g. What is the genotypic ratio for this cross?
3. How does the dihybrid cross support the Law of
4. What is hemophilia? How is it inherited? Make a pedigree
to illustrate its pattern of inheritance.
Include a key that explains your symbols.
5. Why is recombinant DNA technology so valuable to
society? Provide two specific examples to illustrate your
6. What is the only way to produce new alleles? Do mutations
always result in a change in the final protein product? Explain.
7. Imagine two populations that are not currently isolated from
each other, but the potential exists for that isolation to occur.
Explain how mutations and gene flow can work in opposition
to each other to influence the DNA of these two populations.
8. Given the following DNA sequence (3' TACCAGGTAATC 5')
answer the questions below.
a. What is the complimentary DNA sequence?
b. What is the mRNA sequence generated during
c. The introns are bolded. What is the sequence of the mature
d. What is the amino acid sequence?
9. Explain the difference between microevolution and
10. MRSA, a type of Staph infection, is caused by a strain of
bacteria that is resistant to many types of antibiotics. Knowing
what you know about adaption and natural selection, describe
how it would have been possible for a bacterium that
previously could be easily treated with antibiotics to develop
such a severe resistance to their effects.
If you fax any portion of this assignment, please put your
name and your
instructor's name on each page. Thanks