1.Identify four (4) uses of chlorinated fluorocarbons in industrialized countries between 1950 and 1990. ?[2 points]
2) ?Explain exactly why NASA and the U.S. military were important early clients for integrated circuits. ?Elaborate as needed. ?[1 point]
3) ?Considering McLean’s list of benefits and drawbacks, answer the question she asks: ?”Should we have genetically modified foods?” ?Give reasons using only the information and arguments provided by her introductory essay. ?[2 points]
4) ?Explain fully why the cats of Detroit may have been so severely affected by the insecticide dusting operations of 1959. ?[1 point]
5) ?Summarize two (2) of Theodore Kaczynski’s scenarios outlining the ultimate results that might ensue from the development of highly intelligent machines capable of doing practically anything better than humans. ?[2 points]
6) ?Explain in your own words two (2) of the arguments in favour of the mitigation of global warming. ?[2 points]
Chlorinated fluorocarbons (history)
Used as a refrigerants
They were also used as propellants in medical applications.
Chlorinated fluorocarbons were used as solvents….