During the late eighteenth century and early twentieth century there were many African American Civil Rights organizations founded to combat racism and fight for Civil Rights. What were some of these organizations, what their missions were and who were some of the most influential leaders of these organizations? (IN YOUR ESSAY ONLY FOCUS ON THE TIME PERIOD OF 1900-1945). (National Association of Colored Women’s Club (NACWC), NAACP, National urban league, Negro Business League
Paper Comments Sources approved for this class:
Most of the source citations you provide in this class will probably come from the first source listed below:
• The Struggle For Freedom textbook, by Clayborne Carson.
• Any documents or web links provided by the instructor.
• Outside sources of your own choosing.
Guidelines for citing sources in this class:
In general, source citations for this class should be formatted according to MLA format (for a good website that covers MLA style, try the MLA Formatting and Style Guide at the Online Writing Lab at Purdue University – type “Purdue OWL” into Google).
However, in order to keep things simple, here are some basic guidelines to follow when you are citing sources in assignments for this class.
1. Turn in a bibliography or a works cited page with your assignment. For this class, please use only in-text citations in your work (see examples below).
2. You do not need to provide a citation for every sentence, even if you are paraphrasing extensively. Instead, if all the information in a paragraph is from one source, just provide one in-text citation at the end of the paragraph.
3. If you are only using one source to complete an assignment, provide a full in-text citation the first time you reference that source. After that, you only need to provide the page number when you quote directly from that source.
4. You only need to provide the last name of the author whose work you are using (i.e. Brinkley, Johnson, Wade). Don’t bother writing out all three authors’ names for the America Firsthand book (just don’t tell your English professor I said that!).
5. Citations don’t have to be perfect, but you MUST make an effort to give credit to those whose work you are using. Failure to do so will have a negative impact on your grade